UTSA Varsity Club
The UTSA Varsity Club is the official club for former letterwinners at The University of Texas at San Antonio. As a former letterwinner, we encourage your active participation which will have a tremendous, positive impact on current student-athletes.
As you know, the core values that are taught within the athletics program play an integral part in preparing students for life after college and for entering the workforce.
Your involvement is vital to ensuring success for student-athletes on and off the fields of competition, and also advances the athletics department. We invite you to join fellow UTSA letterwinners in coming back to support your college home and thank you for your athletic participation.
"Athletes Helping Athletes™"
This is accomplished through a variety of different programs, benefits and initiatives. Some of these include:
- Providing a contribution to the general scholarship of the sport obtaining the highest team grade-point-average for the year.
- Providing a contribution to the general scholarship of the sport with the most improved team grade-point-average for the year.
- Endowing scholarships that allow deserving student-athletes to obtain a proper education while attending UTSA.
- Establishing career opportunities for graduating student-athletes by networking with former student-athletes throughout the country.
- Initiating ongoing fundraising efforts to endow further scholarships to benefit future scholar-athletes that wish to learn and participate at UTSA.
- Recognizing the very best athletes that represented UTSA during their time at the University through the nomination, election and induction process of the UTSA Hall of Fame.
There are many additional benefits that the group strives to provide. Yet all of the efforts are designed to accomplish one major focus: to have former athletes continue to give back and help current athletes.